guidelines & application documents
- Applicants should be professional screenwriters or teams of writers with co-writers, producers, directors.
- Applicants must be nationals of a member state of the European Community or of a country which has an agreement with the European Community concerning the Creative Europe / MEDIA Programme. A limited number of nationals of non-EC member states can be admitted.
- If selected, applicants have to confirm their participation by signing an agreement. Payment of the participation fee is due upon confirmation of participation. Cancellation is only possible in writing. In cases of cancellation less than four weeks before the workshop starting date, a cancellation fee amounting to 50% of the participation fee will be charged.
- Participants commit to preparing the workshop by carefully reading their group members projects.
- Participants agree to take part in all training sessions, including the reading, analysis and discussion of one another’s material and re-writes.
- Participants will take the greatest possible care with all material entrusted to them andin no way infringe upon copyrights relating to their fellow participants’ material.
- Sources 2 and Creative Europe / MEDIA are to be included in the credits of the script and, if applicable, the completed film.
- Sources 2 shall be provided with a link or DVD, posters and promotional materials of all completed films which were developed during a Sources 2 workshop.
Participation in the workshops is subject to selection. Professional screenwriters or teams are selected on the basis of the creative quality, production potential and cross border appeal of the script/treatment submitted. In principle, screenwriters should have the backing of a producer and/or commissioning editor, broadcaster, film fund, and/or any other professional body. All candidates will be informed of the final selection at least four weeks prior to the workshop.
Applicants must submit the following documents in English as a digital file to: info(at)sources2.de
- One-page synopsis + log line.
- Treatment presented as a continuous story of approx. 10–15 pages, including theme, setting, characters, plot, and in addition 2 or 3 scenes. Alternatively, a script at an early development stage. If available, the step outline of sequences. Treatments and scripts may be submitted in the original language.*
- One-page synopsis + log line.
- Presentation of approx. 10–15 pages, including introduction of general theme, description of characters, proposals of scenes, editing concept, as well as information about visual style, commentary, soundtrack, etc. This document may be submitted in the original language.*
- Application form completed.
- Personal letter from the screenwriter/filmmaker outlining the writer's/author's intention, as well his/her motives for wanting to participate in the workshop, needs and expectations.
- CV of the screenwriter/filmmaker: Personal details (nationality, age, education), a clear indication of professional experience, including credits and awards, scripts produced and funds received (max. 4 pages).
- In case a second person (co-writer, director, producer) is committed, his/her CV (max. 4 pages) and details of the team’s relationship.
- Track-record of production company, if committed (max. 4 pages).
- Information on film fund, broadcaster or any professional body, if committed.
- Letters of support should indicate the reasons for supporting the project as well as the kind of support inteded. Obligatory for projects without a producer committed.
- Link: If available, documentation of a relevant film or programme written or directed by the screenwriter/filmmaker.
- Confirmed receipt of bank transfer of € 100 (application fee) to Stichting Sources, ABN AMRO Bank N.V. (Apollolaan 171, 1077 AS Amsterdam, Netherlands), BIC: ABNANL2A, IBAN: NL04 ABNA 0637 9113 85 (account n° 637 9113 85).
* Non-English treatments/scripts or documentary presentations
Treatments and scripts may be submitted in the original language. Please note: All other application documents (including CV, motivation letter, etc.) must be submitted in English. English translations will be necessary only if pre-selected and must be delivered within 10 days upon notification.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
All documents received will be treated as confidential. Personal information will exclusively be used for internal purposes to effect performance and will not be made available to other parties. Applicants agree to receiving information on Sources 2 activities until recalled. Applicants themselves must take care of registration of copyrights, if relevant.