Our Script Development Workshops are high-powered work units including professional script development and advanced training for professionals working on a specific film project.
Experienced script advisers provide a range of ‘tools’ to improve the participants' writing skills and to develop their projects to their utmost potential.
Our workshops are tailored to European screenwriters and teams of writers and co-writers, directors or producers developing a film project together. Team participation is encouraged to strengthen creative partnerships and increase the efficiency of the development process.
The programme is open to feature-length film projects addressing a broad international audience: Feature films and creative documentaries for the screen (cinema, television, cross-media, web).
Submission requirements include:
- Feature films: treatment (together with two or three sample scenes) or a script at an early development stage
- Creative documentaries: presentation at a basic stage of development and research which clearly indicates a possible structure for the film (similar to the long synopsis or treatment stage in a fiction project)
- Special work groups on specific genres/subjects may be announced
Each workshop is a three-month process involving three groups with a maximum of five projects, each guided by one adviser.
The working language is English.
- Seven-day residential workshop with group sessions and supplementary programme.
- Three-month re-writing period in close contact with other group members and coached by the advisers.
- Follow-up session of one day per project (conceived as a group meeting, e.g. a group with five projects would meet for five days). Exceptionally, an individual one-day meeting with the adviser would be possible instead.
Two Script Development Workshops per year are offered, held in different European countries.
script development and training