- Participants should be professional screenwriters or teams of writers with co-writers, producers, directors.
- Participants must be citizens of a member state of the European Community or of a country which has an agreement with the European Community concerning the Creative Europe / MEDIA Programme.
- Participants must agree to take part in all training activities, including the reading, analysis and discussion of one another’s scripts and re-writes.
- Participants will take the greatest possible care with all material entrusted to them and in no way infringe upon copyrights relating to their fellow participants’ scripts.
requirements for film projects developed during a Sources 2 workshop:
- Sources 2 and Creative Europe / MEDIA are to be included in the credits of the script and, if applicable, the completed film.
- Sources 2 shall be provided with a dvd, posters and promotional materials of all completed films which were developed during a Sources 2 workshop.
Participation in the workshops is subject to selection. Professional screenwriters or teams are selected on the basis of the creative quality, production potential and cross border appeal of the script/treatment submitted. In principle, screenwriters should have the backing of a producer and/or commissioning editor, broadcaster, film fund, and/or any other professional body. All candidates will be informed of the final selection at least four weeks prior to the workshop.
All applicants must submit the following documents:
The application form has to be completed, signed and sent as hard copy by regular mail as well as by e-mail to the Sources 2 office in Berlin (address see below).
In addition, all applicants must submit the following documents in English as a digital file.
- One-page synopsis.
- Full treatment presented as a continuous story of approx. 10–15 pages, including theme, setting, characters, plot, and in addition 2 or 3 scenes. Or a script at an early development stage. If available, the step outline of sequences. Treatments and scripts may be submitted in the original language.
- Introduction, description of general theme (TV hour or feature length).
- Description of characters of the film.
- If available, description of probable scenes, and the order in which they might be edited.
- Information about visual style, commentary, soundtrack, etc.
- Application form, completed and signed (form see below)
- Personal letter from the screenwriter/filmmaker outlining his/her motives for wanting to participate in the workshop, and his/her needs and expectations.
- Curriculum vitae of the screenwriter/filmmaker: Personal details (nationality, age, education), a clear indication of professional experience, including credits and awards, scripts produced and funds received.
- In case a second person is committed, his/her curriculum vitae and details of the team’s relationship.
- Curriculum vitae of the producer, track-record of production company, details of the writer/producer relationship, if a production company is committed.
- Information about broadcaster, film fund or any professional body committed.
- Letters of support from professionals concerned should indicate the reasons for supporting the project and the context of the further development desired. Obligatory for projects without a producer committed.
- Link or DVD: If available, documentation of a relevant film or programme written or directed by the screenwriter/filmmaker.
- Confirmed receipt of bank transfer of € 100 (application fee) to Stichting Sources, ABN AMRO Bank N.V. (Apollolaan 171, 1077 AS Amsterdam, Netherlands), BIC: ABNANL2A, IBAN: NL04 ABNA 0637 9113 85 (account n° 637 9113 85).
For non-English native speakers: Treatments or scripts may be submitted in your native language! English translations will be necessary only if you are pre-selected. Please note: Both the synopsis of your project and your complete application (including cv, motivation letter, etc.) must be submitted in English.
All documents received will be treated as confidential. Applicants themselves must take care of registration of copyrights, etc. Please make sure you keep a copy of the completed application form and enclosures.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.